Avengers-Inspired Toaster Tarts
Assemble the sweetest breakfast on Earth!
Bite into these delicious breakfast treats inspired by Earth’s Mightiest Heroes! Read through the ingredients and directions below, then get ready for Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Infinity War” in theaters April 27th!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cold and diced
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Black food gel dye (for Black Panther)
- Green food gel dye (For Gamora)
- Red food gel dye (For Iron Man)
- 1 egg plus 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons water, as needed
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Magenta food gel dye
- Black food gel dye
- Green food gel dye
For Filling and Decoration:
- Blackberry jam (for Black Panther)
- Strawberry jam (for Gamora)
- Apricot jam (for Iron Man)
- Or jam of choice!
- Edible gold luster dust (for Iron Man icing)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prep baking sheets with parchment or silpats.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt. Use a pastry cutter and cut in the cold butter until crumbly. Add the egg, heavy cream, and black food gel dye, until combined.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Between two pieces of parchment, roll out the dough to approximately ⅛-inch thick. Use your character template to cut out the shapes. You should get 8 pieces out of each dough.
- Place four of the Black Panther cut-outs onto the prepped sheets. Spoon the blackberry jam onto the center of each of them.
- Brush the egg wash along the edges of the dough pieces. Place the second piece of dough over the fillings, then press the edges using the tines of a fork, sealing along the sides. With a toothpick, poke the centers of the tarts a few times to release air while baking.
- Repeat this process creating dough with green food gel dye and strawberry jam for Gamora, and dough with red food gel dye and apricot jam for Iron Man.
- Once the tarts are prepped, bake for 30 minutes, then let cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl stir together the powdered sugar, water, and melted butter to make white icing. Use this to create the details on the Black Panther tarts.
- For Gamora, in a small bowl stir together the powdered sugar, water, melted butter, and magenta food gel dye. Repeat the process to create black and green icings. Pipe the magenta icing onto the green hand pie to create the hair. Then use black, green, and white icings to create the face details.
- In a small bowl stir together the powdered sugar, water, melted butter, and yellow food gel dye. Pipe the outline of the helmet onto the red Iron Man hand pie, then flood with icing to fill. Once the icing has set completely, use a clean kitchen brush to brush edible gold shimmer over the yellow icing. Use black and white icing to add face details.
- Once all the icing has set, the toaster tarts are ready to serve! Assemble and enjoy.
The Hype Box
Can’t-miss news and updates from across the Marvel Universe!