How to Look Like You Just Crossed the Punisher
You should see the other guy...
A killer Halloween costume is the best revenge. Here’s how to transform yourself into an – ahem – “weathered” hero like Frank Castle.
What You’ll Need:
- Wipe, toner, or witch hazel
- Grease or alcohol-based Paints
- Reds and purples
- Dark reds and browns
- Gel “fake blood” makeup
- Collodion (do not get near eyes!)
- Large eyeshadow brush
- Thin or fine makeup brush
- Powdered dirt makeup or brown/black eyeshadows
- Coarse sponge
- Cotton swabs
- Paper towels
1. Clean face with wipe, toner, or witch hazel; air dry.
2. Use a variety of reds and purple alcohol-based paints, and use multiple red shades to create depth and definition.
3. Use grease paint or alcohol-based paints with a large fluffy eyeshadow brush.
4. Create shadows. Get the illusion of puffiness by putting red around the area; for darker skin, use more maroon and purple
5. Brush around the nose and following cheek lines.
6. Use a coarse sponge and grease paint with a dark red or brown. Press and drag in a few spots on the face; can use a fine brush and do single scrapes as well. Use cotton swab or a small amount of makeup remover to blend.
7. Use a small amount of gel blood with a cotton swab or brush and apply by the mouth, nose, and eyebrows. The more gel you apply, you can also make cuts with it.
8. Pinch skin together, and layer the collodion (WARNING: DO NOT GET NEAR EYES) onto skin. Add petroleum jelly to create a shine.
9. Use a blend of different colors of glycerin and the powdered “dirt” – brown, black, etc. Put glycerin through hair and on brow/neck to mimic sweat. To add “dirt,” using a paper towel, spray with water and dip into the dirt powder.
10. Apply to places where you have the glycerin layered: hairline, ears, neck, then finish with a touch of glycerin.
The Hype Box
Can’t-miss news and updates from across the Marvel Universe!