How To: DIY Tigra-Inspired Makeup
Get ready for Halloween with some magnificent Marvel makeup!
By Alana Herrnson
This is the purr-fect costume to get you in the Halloween spirit, so learn how to transform yourself into the fearsome feline above!
What You’ll Need:
- wipe, toner or witch hazel
- Natural Brown Eyeshadow
- Black eyeliner
- Water-based body paints
- Orange, dark orange, and brown
- Cream and White
- Black lip stick
- Green Cat Eye Contacts
- Non-toxic adhesive
- Eyebrow gel
- Powder or flat makeup brush
- Angled blush brush
- Contour brush
- Short contour brush
- Detail brush
- Fine brush
- Clean face with makeup wipe, toner, or witch hazel to get rid of oils.
- Let face dry before beginning the next step.
- Eyes - Apply natural brown eyeshadow to lid and bottom of the eye.
- Elongate eyeshadow on both sides.
- Apply winged black eyeliner lightly.
- Base - Apply orange paint to body with a powder or flat brush.
- Layer to desired color, leaving time to dry between each layer.
- Fur - Use an angled blush brush and a combination of orange, dark orange, and brown paint to add depth to base.
- Apply thin, streaky strokes that get lighter toward center.
- Highlight outline of face using a contour brush and cream colored paint.
- Reapply darker coat of eyeliner.
- Stripes - Using black paint and an angled blush brush, start with a light outline at the shoulders and work outward using up and down strokes.
- Darken stripes when in desired position.
- Add dimension by outlining stripes using white paint.
- Chest- Use a contour brush and white paint.
- Starting with the center of the chest, make brush strokes down to up, blending the white fur.
- Use contour and detail brushes with brown, orange, and white paint to add additional shading and small details
- Apply black lipstick or black body paint with a fine brush. Take your time and go over with multiple brushes if necessary.
- Add white body paint with contour brush and short contour brush to contour the forehead, cheeks and around the eyes.
- Darken the eyebrows with either brown or black. Shape the eyebrows by having them point on the ends.
- Use Q-Tips to go through and clean up mistakes.
- Add Green Cat Eye contacts.
- Add 2 fangs!
- Use a non-toxic adhesive to attach the fangs to each tooth
Stay tuned to Marvel.com for more Halloween DIY fun!
The Hype Box
Can’t-miss news and updates from across the Marvel Universe!