Culture & Lifestyle
Published October 15, 2018
Make Your Own Venom-Inspired Candy Apples
Get ready for a wickedly sweet Halloween with this symbiote-inspired treat!
To create these Venom-inspired candy apples yourself, you'll need...
- 4-5 green apples
- 4-5 wooden dowels
- 24 ounces black candy melts
- White fondant
- Strawberry fruit leather
- White icing
- Roll out the fondant and cut out 5 sets of Venom’s eyes. Set aside.
- Wash and dry apples. Remove stems, then use a hammer to insert the dowels into the apples.
- Prep a baking sheet with parchment sprayed with non-stick spray.
- In a double boiler, melt the candy melts.
- Dip the apples into the candy melts, then place on the prepped baking sheet.
- Use white icing to place the fondant eyes.
- With a #3 tip, pipe the white icing to create Venom’s teeth.
- Cut a strip of fruit leather to a point, then use the icing to adhere the tongue to the mouth.
- When the icing is set, the apples are ready to serve.
Stay tuned to Marvel.com for more DIY projects and Halloween-inspired treats!
The Hype Box
Can’t-miss news and updates from across the Marvel Universe!