Grill Meatballs The Immortal Iron Fist Way
Danny Rand is on to something!
If there's one thing you can take away from the season, it's that Danny Rand and his K'un-Lun brother Davos do not see eye-to-eye on a number of things. One of which is what is the proper way to prepare meatballs for your pasta dinner.
Danny couldn't have possibly learned the art of perfecting meats during his time at K'un-Lun if Davos didn't. Where did he learn it then? Who knows? All you need to know is that it's gosh darn delicious, and our resident expert in all things food Jenn Fujikawa (@justjenn) is back with a new recipe for us!
Fire up your grill and let's prepare some meatballs the Immortal Iron Fist-way!
Iron Fist Grilled Meatballs
Recipe by Jenn Fujikawa (@justjenn)
Metal skewers or pre-soaked wood skewers
Oil or non-stick spray
1 lb ground pork
2 stalks green onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp shaoxing wine
½ cup panko breadcrumbs
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
- In a bowl, combine the ground pork, panko breadcrumbs, diced green onions, minced garlic, egg, cornstarch, shaoxing wine, salt and pepper.
- Form into meatballs and place onto skewers. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Prep a grill pan by greasing it with oil or non-stick spray, and setting it to medium-high heat.
- Grill the meatballs until browned all the way around and cook through to an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Serve with cooked spaghetti and sauce.
Don't forget the Colleen Wing-technique of testing if your pasta's done by flinging it across the room and see if it sticks.
To kick things up a notch, serve your grilled meatballs and pasta with some Immortal Iron Fist garlic bread. Cut out the Iron Fist symbol and sprinkle on some black sesame seeds or poppy seeds. Dinner is now served!
Stream Season 1 and 2 of "Marvel's Iron Fist" on Netflix now! Keep your eyes right here on Marvel.com for all the updates, plus follow @MarvelIronFist on Twitter and like “Marvel’s Iron Fist” on Facebook.
The Hype Box
Can’t-miss news and updates from across the Marvel Universe!