Make These Hela-Inspired Cupcakes
Thor: Ragnarok’s evil villain was never so sweet!
Hela may not be the sweetest goddess in the universe, but these cupcakes are! Follow the steps and watch the video below to whip up your own! (Recipe and design by koalipops.)
Hela-Inspired Cupcakes How-To
- Cupcakes (from your favorite cupcake recipe)
- Gold Cupcake Wrappers
- 4 oz. Black Gum Paste
- 1 oz. White Gum Paste
- 2 in. rubber dome mold
- Black Buttercream
- Small Offset Spatula
- 5 oz Black Candy Melts
- Royal Icing
- Precision knife
- Roll out black and white gum paste to 1/8th-inch thickness. Set aside for 30 min.
- Place a little black buttercream into the dome mold. To remove the air bubbles use the back of a spoon by pressing the buttercream up against the walls of the mold. Fill the buttercream to the top of the mold and flatten out the top with an offset spatula. Place into the refrigerator for 30 min.
- Grab the black and white gum paste and cut out Hela’s eyes and headdress using a precision knife. Allow the gum paste to harden for 12 hours.
- Melt the black candy melts.
- Dip each headdress piece into the black candy melts and place them on a sheet of parchment paper to set.
- Remove buttercream dome from the mold and place it on top of the cupcakes. Allow the buttercream to soften for 30 minutes.
- Insert each headdress piece into the buttercream dome.
- Glue the white gum paste onto the front of each cupcake with royal icing.
The Hype Box
Can’t-miss news and updates from across the Marvel Universe!