15 Thoughts We Had Watching the Official 'Marvel's Cloak & Dagger' Season 2 Trailer
There is a new evil growing in New Orleans.
Last week, we were treated to first look images of Season 2 of "Marvel's Cloak & Dagger," and now we've got the first official action-packed trailer! Mayhem is one way to describe it. Rewatch it five more times above.
"Marvel's Cloak & Dagger" follows the story of Tyrone Johnson (Cloak) and Tandy Bowen (Dagger) – two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers which are mysteriously linked to one another. The only constant in their lives is danger and each other. Season 2 of the Freeform series, premiering on Thursday, April 4, turns the heat up on our young heroes as Tyrone and Tandy try to find their place as more active heroes in this world. With enhanced powers and a choice to make about the type of heroes they want to be, they make the choice to run into the danger, head first.
Here are our initial thoughts after repeat viewings:
- Our heroes need to work on their disguises if stories of "a girl who looks like an angel and a boy who moves like a shadow" are circulating around NOLA.
- Ty shows he finally can manage his teleporting skills – aw yeah! Meanwhile, we dig Tandy embracing and practicing her powers in the multitasker way; working on those knives made of light while also perfecting her pirouettes.
- We're all for Ty embracing his destiny, taking on gangs and such to make the city a better place, but we're PO'd that he didn't ask Tandy to help too. Come on, stronger and better together.
- This Konata "Fight Back" track is literal fire 🔥🔥🔥
- NOLA is wild–are ambulance medics with shotguns a thing we need to worry about now?
- The SWAT team is raiding the Johnson family home coming for Ty. Isn't that a little excessive? Can our girl Adina get a break?
- We stan a Ty and Tandy team-up but, like Ty, we're not digging Tandy's DIY super hero look for him either.
- Otis is making a new cloak. Our boy Ty is about to get an upgrade!
- This season is about to get a whole new level of realness/intensity since we're tackling another real world issue–sex trafficking.
- THE MOMENT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! MAYHEM IS COMING! IT'S DEFINITELY HER TURN NOW.
- a. Mayhem/Brigid is on a mission to find those missing girls too, and she just took a room full of bad dudes all by herself. Respect.
b. Oh cool, Mayhem just slit a dude's throat open with her bare hands. NBD.
- So can we expect a Cloak x Dagger x Mayhem team-up? Actually, Ty doesn't seem all that into it.
- Mayhem just caught Tandy's light dagger, uh oh...
- We need more Auntie. Also Evita. More Ty and Evita romance, please!
- Tandy just threw a massive light ball at another ambulance. What is this new power? Also, it's safe to say we're not going to approach an ambulance any time soon.
Haven't caught up on "Marvel's Cloak & Dagger? Stream the entire first season on Hulu, On Demand or Freeform.com!
The Hype Box
Can’t-miss news and updates from across the Marvel Universe!