All of the Marvel Disney+ News Coming Out of The Walt Disney Company's Investor Day
The streaming service will launch later this year on November 12!
During The Walt Disney Company's Investor Day, nearly all had been revealed about the highly-anticipated streaming service, Disney+.
For True Believers everywhere, there is no shortage of content coming out of the House of Ideas. A lot was covered during the nearly 3-hour presentation, so let's dive in on everything you need to know.
Disney+, the Service
- Disney+ will be the ultimate streaming destination for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic.
- Disney+ will launch in the U.S. market on November 12, 2019, at $6.99 a month.
- You will be available to use the Disney+ service on a wide range of mobile and connected devices, including gaming consoles, streaming media players and smart TVs.
- In addition, Disney+ will allow downloading, so all content from the service can be accessed offline, for as long as you're a subscriber.
- Disney+ will offer ad-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live action and animated series and short-form content, along with unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment.
- The service will also be the exclusive streaming home for films released by The Walt Disney Studios in 2019 and beyond, including “Captain Marvel,” “Avengers: Endgame,” “Toy Story 4,” “The Lion King,” “Aladdin,” and “Star Wars Episode IX.”
The Marvel Goods
Marvel Studios Films
- Disney+ will bring the entire MCU together in one place for the first time.
- Marvel Studios' "Captain Marvel" will be the first new release in the pay-tv window available on the Disney+ service on Day 1!
- Theatrical titles will have support for up to 4K HDR video playback, based on a subscriber’s available bandwidth.
- Additional Marvel Studios' titles available at launch include the film that started it all, "Iron Man," "Iron Man 3," and "Thor: The Dark World."
- The highly-anticipated "Avengers: Endgame" will follow later in the year.
Disney+ will launch in November with a robust library of theatrical and television content, and in its first year will release more than 25 original series and 10 original films, documentaries and specials by some of the industry’s most prolific and creative storytellers.
New Marvel Original Titles for Disney+
- "WandaVision," a live-action series with Elizabeth Olsen returning as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch and Paul Bettany reprising his role as The Vision.
- "The Falcon and The Winter Soldier," a live-action series with Anthony Mackie returning as Falcon and Sebastian Stan reprising his role as Winter Soldier.
- Tom Hiddleston will be reprising his role as the God of Mischief in "Loki" for the streaming service.
- "Marvel’s What If…?," the first animated series from Marvel Studios and takes inspiration from the comic books of the same name. Each episode will explore a pivotal moment from the Marvel Cinematic Universe and turn it on its head, leading the audience into uncharted territory, such as what if Peggy Carter took the super soldier serum and Steve Rogers joined the fight in an armored suit from Howard Stark?
MARVEL NEW MEDIA NON-FICTION SERIES
“Marvel’s Hero Project” reveals the remarkable, positive change several young heroes are making in their own communities. These inspiring kids have dedicated their lives to selfless acts of bravery and kindness, and now, Marvel celebrates them as the true Super Heroes they are.
“Marvel’s 616” (working title) is an anthological documentary series exploring the intersection between Marvel’s rich legacy of stories, characters and creators and the world outside your window. Told through the lens of a diverse group of filmmakers, each documentary will dive into the rich historical, cultural and societal context that has become inseparable from stories of the Marvel Universe.
Following its U.S debut, Disney+ will rapidly expand globally, with plans to be in nearly all major regions of the world within the next two years.
Visit DisneyPlus.com to register your email and receive updates on the service.
The Hype Box
Can’t-miss news and updates from across the Marvel Universe!
Marvel Studios Announces New Premiere Dates for ‘Loki’ and ‘Echo’