ComicsBehind the Scenes of 'Captain Marvel: The End' with Kelly Thompson
See how all-star artist Carmen Carnero crafted future characters for the new ish...
ComicsKelly Thompson Goes Undercover with Black Widow
Get the inside scoop on Natasha Romanoff’s new life in Thompson’s new ‘Black Widow’ series!
Culture & LifestyleMarvel Tales: A New Kate Bishop Story by Kelly Thompson
Read a brand-new Hawkeye prose story with art by Stefano Caselli and VC's Joe Sabino!
A born writer, KELLY THOMPSON crowdfunded her first two published novels and has never put her pen down since! Now she is a two-time Eisner Award nominee for critical hits like HAWKEYE and JESSICA JONES, and current fan-favorites BLACK WIDOW and CAPTAIN MARVEL.
• Birthplace: Northern California
• Current Residence: Portland, Maine
• Pets: The two greatest cats ever—Clive Warren and The Monarch!
• Favorite Marvel Character: Rogue
• Favorite Holiday: Christmas
• Coffee Order: Chai Latte
• Favorite Band: Daft Punk
• Favorite Marvel Story: Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E., Excalibur, Alias, Hawkeye (Fraction/Aja/Wu)
• First Marvel Story Written: First credit was Captain Marvel & The Carol Corps #1 with Kelly Sue DeConnick (2015). First solo credit was a-Force #5 (2016)
"I gravitate toward more street level heroes because I like those kinds of stories, but also because they seem to come a bit more naturally. So with Carol I really have to push myself because her cosmic-scale power set (and world) is very much the opposite of street level—so it's been fun to get out of my comfort zone and try to deliver for Carol the stories she deserves. And pushing myself for Carol is of course great for me as a writer too."