Marvel's San Diego Comic-Con 2019: Day 1 Recap
Review all the Marvel news, events, and interviews from the first day of San Diego Comic-Con 2019!
Marvel's first day at San Diego Comic-Con 2019 is in the books -- and it's just the beginning of a four-day extravaganza of Marvel-mania!
The Marvel booth (#2329) hosted a great group of interviews including some Marvel comic creators and other celebrated folks. Beyond the booth, Hall H was the venue for Marvel Games to show off the latest look at Marvel's Iron Man VR and MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order. Later in the day, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. took over to break some news about the show and give fans a sneak peek at what's next!
In case you missed it, here's everything that happened with Marvel at San Diego Comic-Con 2019: Day 1!
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- ABC announced that the seventh season of Marvel's longest-running TV show would be its last. At the Hall H panel, an extended super-trailer was revealed with a look at what's to come in Season 6:
- Marvel Contest of Champions announced the Summoner Showdown, a nine-week tournament that will kick off on July 31 and name a winner at New York Comic Con in October.
- More details were revealed about Marvel's Avengers, including a look at gameplay, customizable character costumes, and more about A-Day, the event that kicks off the events of the game's story.
- The next chapter in MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE is coming tomorrow! MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order arrives exclusively on the Nintendo Switch on Friday, July 19!
- And Camouflaj, the developer of Marvel's Iron Man VR, pulled back the curtain to provide a look inside the making of the game with a featurette:
Tons of Marvel Comics creators and famous Marvel fans stopped by the Marvel Booth!
- Rainbow Rowell talked about her work on RUNAWAYS.
- Artist Jen Bartel took your questions live!
- Viral artist Bosslogic talked about his creative process and work on official art for Marvel Studios' Avengers: Endgame.
- Steve Sansweet shared his vast knowledge of collectibles.
- Actor Colton Dunn let everyone in on his Marvel fandom.
- Jonathan Hickman provided more details about the upcoming HOUSE OF X and POWERS OF X.
- Marvel Senior Editor Jordan D. White had even more to say about the future of the X-Men!
- Co-creator of Adult Swim's Robot Chicken Matthew Senreich knows a thing or two about action figures.
See what Sideshow is showing off at SDCC 2019 and check out Marvel's booth tour!
Who is the strongest of the X-Men? See what people on the street had to say!
The Hype Box
Can’t-miss news and updates from across the Marvel Universe!