Chris Gethard Makes a Lobster Corn Dog on 'Eat the Universe'
Chef Justin Warner is joined by the comedian to craft an Iron Man-inspired dish!
That's right! This week, ol' Shellhead inspires your host Justin Warner and comedian Chris Gethard to make a shellfish dish! But this isn't just any run-of-the-mill meal, no, they're making Tony Stark's dream food: a lobster tail corn dog plated in edible gold! Of course! Watch the episode here, then dig into the recipe below to try it out for yourself...
Lobster Tail Corn Dog
- 1 cup Japanese mayonnaise
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 ounce black sturgeon caviar
- 2 (1 ½-pound) whole, slightly undercooked lobsters
- 1 1/3 cup finely ground cornmeal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup creamed corn
- ½ cup Champagne
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Gold leaf, to serve
- Preheat a fryer filled with canola oil to 375 degrees F.
- In a zip top bag, combine the Japanese mayonnaise, lemon juice, and caviar.
- Massage the bag to mix the ingredients and set aside.
- Tear the tails from the bodies of the lobsters. Using kitchen shears, carefully cut down the shell of each tail and remove the meat. Thread a chopstick through each piece of tail meat and discard the shells.
- Using a spoon, scoop the tomalley from the bodies of the lobsters and add to a large bowl. Reserve remaining lobster for another use.
- To the bowl with the tomalley, add the cornmeal, 1 cup flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and stir to combine. Add the buttermilk, creamed corn, and Champagne and whisk to combine. Add the remaining cup of flour to a shallow dish.
- Dredge the lobster tails in the flour and shake off any excess. Dip in the batter, shake off any excess, and transfer to the fryer. Cook until crisp and deep golden brown, about 3 minutes. Season with kosher salt, to taste.
- Top with gold leaf and the caviar mayonnaise and serve hot.
Watch more episodes of Eat the Universe right here, True Believer!
The Hype Box
Can’t-miss news and updates from across the Marvel Universe!