Heat Things Up with an Inferno-Inspired Sweet & Spicy Popcorn Snack
We've got a recipe that'll melt the warm the ever-brooding Dante Pertuz!
We're a little over a week away from the premiere of "Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors" premiering on both Disney Channel and Disney XD on Sunday, September 30.
To get you prepared for the upcoming premiere, we've got a sweet & spicy Inferno-inspired recipe to heat things up for you. In "Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors," Tyler Posey voices Dante Pertuz AKA Inferno, a brooding, dark loner on the run. Dante has the power of pyrokinesis, which makes him capable of generating flames – however, he is not fully in control of his fiery abilities. It’s a thin line between good guy and villain for the unpredictable Inferno.
Our resident snack expert Jenn Fujikawa (@justjenn) is back with a recipe sure to lure Dante out of his loner tendencies.
Inferno Sweet & Spicy Popcorn
Recipe by Jenn Fujikawa (@justjenn)
Flame Pretzel Ingredients:
1 cup pretzel twists
3 oz red candy melts
2 oz yellow candy melts
3 cups popcorn
1 cup hot cheese puff snacks
½ cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Place the red candy melts in a heat-safe bowl and microwave at 15-20 second intervals until melted. Spoon onto the pretzel twists to create flames.
- In a separate bowl, melt the yellow candy melts in a heat-safe bowl in the microwave at 15-20 second intervals until melted. Add yellow details to the flames, then place in the freezer to set.
- Place the hot cheese puff snacks in a sealable bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- In a large bowl, toss the popcorn, hot cheese puff crumbs, and melted white chocolate together.
- Add the flame pretzels to serve.
Get to know Dante Pertuz AKA Inferno from "Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors" in a special bonus clip of Earth's Mightiest Show below!
In the animated film, “Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors,” powered teens Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Quake, Patriot, America Chavez, and Inferno join forces as an unlikely, but formidable crew of aspiring heroes. When a threat no one could have expected bears down on the Marvel Universe, this ragtag, untrained band of teens have no choice but to rise together and prove to the world that sometimes the difference between a “hero” and “misfit” is just in the name.
For more information, check out “Marvel Rising” on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Subscribe to Marvel HQ on YouTube for full episodes and more!
The Hype Box
Can’t-miss news and updates from across the Marvel Universe!
‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’: The Directors on Miles and Gwen’s Importance