Show Off Some Bold Flavors With These Captain Marvel Pies
A 'Marvel Rising'-inspired recipe that doesn't sugarcoat anything!
In "Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors," Carol Danvers AKA Captain Marvel, voiced by Kim Raver, is a bold leader who doesn't sugar-coat and is guided by a strong sense of duty and honor. She's the ultimate inspiration for our band of misfit heroes.
Inspired by the full-length animated feature, not streaming on DisneyNOW, we've enlisted resident foodie supreme Jenn Fujikawa (@justjenn) to whip up a recipe you can easily eat while flying at high speeds and packs bold flavors reminiscent of Captain Marvel's intense energy blasts!
Captain Marvel Pies
Recipe by Jenn Fujikawa (@justjenn)
individual 5-inch pie pans
1 package (2 count) pre-made pie crust
1 egg plus 2 tsp water, for egg wash
Captain Marvel Pie Ingredients:
2 pints blueberries
1 quart strawberries, hulled and quartered
3 tsp cornstarch, divided
2 tbsp sugar, divided
half a lemon
- In a colander, toss the blueberries with 1 tbsp of sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice. Set aside with a bowl underneath to let the juices run out.
- Do the same with the strawberries.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie crust. Use the Captain Marvel symbol as a template to cut out the logos in the pie crust. Set aside.
- Use the rest of the dough to cut circles and press the dough into the small individual pie pans. Prick the dough with a fork and brush with egg wash.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the blueberries with 1 ½ tsp cornstarch and spoon into the lower two-thirds of the prepped pie crusts. Toss the strawberries with the rest of the cornstarch and spoon into the top third of the pies.
- Place the cut-out Captain Marvel logo pieces of dough on top of the fruit. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream.
The Hype Box
Can’t-miss news and updates from across the Marvel Universe!